The homeowner’s insurance policy provides the following covers as requested by the insured:

The first part covers the insured’s building against Loss or damage caused by perils such as fire, explosion, lightning, storm, hurricane, tornado, flooding, earthquake, volcanic eruption, bursting or overflowing of water tanks, etc.

Secondly, it covers the insured’s contents against the above perils as well as burglary or any attempt excluding theft not involving entry into or exit from the private dwelling house, domestic offices, garages or outbuildings by forcible and violent means. In other words, these two sections are similar to a combined fire & allied perils and burglary policy.

It may also cover the insured’s legal liability to the public. That is, death and personal injury to any person not being a member of the insured’s household, servant or employee and accidental damage to property not belonging to or in the charge of or under the control of the insured or a member of his household, servant or employee caused within the limits of the private dwelling house.

Cover may also be provided for personal accident, that is bodily injury which independently of any other cause shall result in death, temporary disablement or permanent disability and medical expense caused to the insured and or spouse and or children.

The actual cost of renting an alternative reasonable accommodation for the period necessary for reinstatement (maximum 12 months) for an amount not exceeding ten percent of the full value of the property per annul or the proportionate part thereof monthly.

Other Products You Might Be Interested In